Rapid Housing Access Worker will assist individuals experiencing homelessness with a rapid transition from Second Stage Housing to permanent housing. They will work with the Second-Stage Supervisor to support individuals with comprehensive housing search, assistance with the lease-up process, and follow up correspondence to ensure housing stability.
- Assist clients with all aspects of housing search and placement into permanent housing: devise a housing search strategy; complete housing applications; prepare necessary documentation; negotiate with landlords and realtors.
- Ensure cleanliness of Spirit Way’s interior and exterior. This might include light cleaning duties for move in and move outs.
- Coordinate housing search and lease up activity with related work of Spirit Way Program and any other partner agencies involved in the process.
- Help clients establish and follow a budget that will allow for housing stability.
- Assist with the process of accessing housing funds to aid with move-in costs and security deposits.
- Support working clients in maintaining and maximizing incomes through referrals to employment programs and/or student aid to return to school.
- Complete all required computer data-tracking and file documentation on a timely basis.
- Travel throughout Metro Vancouver to assist with housing search-related activities.
- One to three years housing search experience preferred (case/property management, community organizing/advocacy).
- Strong advocacy and outreach skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and basic math skills required.
- Dedication to helping homeless people move beyond Second Stage programming.
- Knowledge of subsidized and private housing resources and regulations preferred.
- Experience with homeless adults, recovery population, and/or mental health areas preferred.
- Valid Drivers’ License and clean driver’s abstract is required for this position.
Expression of interest, including and updated resume and a cover letter describing how you meet or exceed the above noted qualifications must be received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Preferences will be given to FIRST NATION’S WOMEN as per SECTION 41 OF THE HUMAN RIGHTS CODE
Only short –listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: July 20, 2018